The Xbox One was initially designed to be the device that controls your living room, so it’s no wonder at all that it’s one of the great devices and absolutely the top gaming console — you can watch all your desired TV shows. If you’re all set to create it the center of your home theater then you’ll be glad to know that you have a wide array of options for watching TV on it. We will get to know How to Hook Up Xbox One to Cable Box :
How to Watch Cable TV on Xbox One
If we talk about watching TV on the Xbox One then we need to evoke One Guide. One Guide is the central Xbox app for watching live TV, but how do get that live TV connected? Watching Cable or Satellite TV on Xbox
On the HDMI passthrough, you can point your cable or satellite box into the back of your Xbox One and channel browse right there on the console. There are plenty of benefits to doing this in its place, say, moving inputs on your TV:
You have fewer devices and controllers to deal with and swap between.
On the Cortana or Kinect, you can alter the channel with your voice.
Both of these things are achievable thanks to infrared technology; it’s incorporated on the Xbox One X, and for those with the older models you can include that functionality alone with Kinect.
With it, and you can transform channels, fine-tune your volume, stop and start again (if you have a DVR-capable set-top box), do settings, and more, all be done just with no using finger.
Best Way to Watch TV Without Cable or Satellite
However, you aren’t a cable subscriber, you can see live TV going on your Xbox One. It’ll need the use of a TV tuner that’ll allow you feed a digital TV antenna’s signal into Xbox’s USB port. You can purchase these online at reasonable price, hence, it’s a valuable investment if this is the direction you’re going.
How to setup One Guide?
- Once you have your find your option, you’ll have to setup One Guide to obtain all the great features we mentioned earlier. This is astonishingly simple to the setup wizard on the Xbox One.
- Here need to choose whether you’re connecting with a set-top box or a TV tuner.
- Enter your ZIP code.
- Choose your TV provider.
- Type the manufacturer of your set-top box. If you don’t understand, simply select your provider’s own-new set-top box.
- The Xbox One will now appear with a set of tests to find improve infrared controls for your set-top box.
- It will ask you whether an action it attempted to take was effectively executed.
- Answer to each prompt as properly.
- If you would like to control your Xbox with your voice, you’ll be gone through a wizard to recognize your TV’s infrared codes just as you get with a general remote controller.
- Once it’s all considered and done, you can just begin watching your preferred live TV series with all the voice-activated features you’re here for, do with a TV guide that you can open even while you’re playing a game.
- Recognize your TV’s brand.
- The Xbox One goes with another series of tests to find the right infrared controls for your TV, such as mute, volume, settings, and info button functionality.
- After you’re done, find out whether you want your Xbox to initiate on the home page or on your TV feed.