Charging a Ring Video Doorbell depends on the specific model. Ring Video Doorbells come in various models, including wired and battery-powered options. Here are the general steps for charging different types of Ring Video Doorbells:
How to charge your Ring Video Doorbell
For Battery-Powered Ring Video Doorbells:
- Remove the Battery: If your Ring Video Doorbell is running low on battery, you will need to remove the battery for charging. The location of the battery and how you remove it can vary slightly depending on the model, so consult your device’s manual for specific instructions.
- Charge the Battery: Place the battery in the provided charging dock or use a compatible charger. Connect the charger to a power source, and let the battery charge. It may take a few hours to fully charge, depending on the model.
- Check the Battery Status: Most Ring Video Doorbell models have a LED indicator on the battery or a battery status indicator in the Ring app. You can check the battery level to see when it’s fully charged.
- Reinsert the Battery: Once the battery is fully charged, reinsert it into your Ring Video Doorbell.
- Test Your Doorbell: After reinserting the battery, test your Ring Video Doorbell to ensure it’s functioning correctly.
For Wired Ring Video Doorbells:
Wired Ring Video Doorbells typically don’t require regular charging because they are powered directly from your home’s electrical wiring. However, suppose you experience issues with your wired Ring Video Doorbell. In that case, you may need to check the power source or consult the device’s manual for troubleshooting steps.
Ring may have released new models or updates to existing models. so refer to the latest user manual regarding charging your specific Ring Video Doorbell model.