TikTok does not have a built-in “auto-scrolling” feature that allows you to watch videos hands-free within the app. However, TikTok has introduced a “Hands-Free” recording mode that allows you to record videos without having to hold down the record button manually. This is not the same as auto-scrolling for watching videos, but it can be useful for creating content on TikTok. Here’s how to use it:
Using the Hands-Free Recording Mode:
- Click and then open the TikTok app on your mobile device.
- Tap the “+” button at the bottom of the screen to create a new video.
- On the video recording screen, you’ll see various options on the right side, including “15s,” “60s,” and “3m.” These represent the duration of your video. Choose the one you prefer.
- Below the duration options, you will see a “Timer” button. Tap on it.
- Set the duration for your video segment using the slider. This will determine how long the recording will last without needing to hold down the record button. For example, if you set it to 15 seconds, the recording will automatically stop after 15 seconds.
- After setting the timer, tap the “Start Countdown” button.
- The recording will begin automatically, and you won’t need to hold down the record button during this time. You can use this time to perform hands-free actions or record yourself doing something without needing to hold the phone.
- When the timer reaches zero, the recording will stop automatically.
- You can then review your recording, add effects, music, and captions, and proceed to share it on TikTok.
Please note that this “Hands-Free” mode is for creating your own TikTok content and not for watching other users’ videos hands-free. TikTok does not provide a built-in feature for auto-scrolling through videos without manual interaction. You will need to manually swipe through and interact with videos as you watch them on the app.
TikTok’s features and interface may change with updates, check for any new features related to watching videos hands-free if you’re using a more recent version of the app.