Google Hangouts is an ideal platform for communication and one can communicate or chat with others through message, voice or video call. If you are receiving any unknown messages or calls on Google Hangouts and if you are just getting irritated so, better to block that particular person. Here, in this article we will get to know how to block someone on Hangouts.
What is Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts is a communication platform developed by Google, primarily used for instant messaging, voice calls, and video calls. It emerged as a popular tool for both personal and professional communications.
How to Block Someone on Google Hangouts?
(1) Go to the Hangouts and choose the find the person to block.
(2) Now, access to the conversation with the person and tap on Settings icon in the top right side.
(3) Select the Block and Report option.
(4) With the next screen, go to checkbox to copy the last ten messages to Google (it is optional). And, click to Confirm button to block the particular person.
How to Unblock someone on Google Hangouts
(1) Sign in the Google Hangouts and tap on the three-line icon in the top left side.
(2) Go to settings option from the list.
(3) Select “Blocked People” option. It will appear the list of all blocked individuals name.
(4) Choose the person name and enter Unblock.
And, you can easily unblock the person from your Google Hangouts blocked list.
How to use Google Hangouts Extension
Using the Google Hangouts extension on Chrome is a straightforward process. Here’s a guide to help you get started.
Install the Extension:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for “Google Hangouts” in the store.
- Find the Hangouts extension in the search results and click on it.
- Click the button “Add to Chrome” to install the extension.
- Once installed, the Hangouts icon (a green speech bubble) will appear in the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Click on this icon to open Hangouts.
- If you are not already signed in to your Google account in Chrome, you will be prompted to sign in.
- Enter your Google account credentials to access Hangouts.
Start a Conversation or Call:
- To start a chat, click the “+” sign or search for contacts by name or email.
- You can send text messages, emojis, photos, and more.
- For voice or video calls, click on the phone or video icon in the upper corner of the chat window.
Manage Chats and Calls:
- Your active chats will appear in the main Hangouts window.
- You can switch between chats, start group conversations, and make group video calls.
- Hangouts also allows you to manage notifications and access your chat history.
- Click on the three dots (menu) in the upper corner of the Hangouts window to access settings.
- You can customize notifications, archive conversations, or access other settings here.
Google Voice Integration (Optional):
- If you have a Google Voice account, you can integrate it with Hangouts to make calls, send SMS, and check voicemail.
Sync Across Devices:
- Hangouts sync your chats across all your devices where you’re signed in with the same Google account.
Thus, with the above steps you can block as well as unblock the persons successfully. So, just follow the steps properly as these steps are very helpful.