Game sharing on Xbox One is a feature that allows you to share your digital games and Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass subscription with a friend or family member on a different console. Here’s how you can set up game sharing on Xbox One:
Please note: Game sharing should be done with trusted friends or family members, as it involves sharing your account information.
How to gameshare on Xbox One
Exchange Account Information:
- You and your friend need to exchange Xbox Live account information. This includes your email address and password associated with your Xbox Live account.
Add Each Other’s Accounts:
- On your Xbox One console, go to the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Account” and then “Add & manage.”
- Choose “Add new” and sign in with your friend’s Xbox Live account.
- After adding your friend’s account, make sure to set it as the “Home Xbox” for that account. This step is crucial for game sharing.
Repeat the Process:
- Have your friend repeat the process on their Xbox One console, adding your account and setting it as their “Home Xbox.”
- Once both accounts are set up as the “Home Xbox” on each other’s consoles, you can start downloading and playing each other’s purchased digital games.
- Go to the “My games & apps” section on the Xbox dashboard, and you should see the games owned by the other person available for download.
Share Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass:
- Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass subscriptions can also be shared using this method. The person with the active subscription can share it with the other by designating their console as the “Home Xbox” for their account.
Enjoy Shared Games:
- You and your friend can now enjoy each other’s digital games without purchasing them again. Keep in mind that you can’t play the same game simultaneously under the same account, but you can play different games from each other’s libraries.
Remember to trust the person you’re sharing with, as this involves sharing your account credentials. Also, keep in mind that the terms and conditions of Xbox Live may change over time, so make sure to verify the current policies and ensure that game sharing is still allowed. Violating Xbox Live terms of service could result in penalties or restrictions on your account.