FaceTime, the video and audio calling service provided by Apple, does not have a built-in feature to record calls directly within the app. However, you can still record FaceTime calls on iOS devices (iPhone or iPad) and Mac using third-party applications or built-in screen recording features. Here’s How to record a call on FaceTime below steps
Screen Recording: You can use the built-in screen recording feature on iOS devices to record your FaceTime calls. Here’s how:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap to down on “Control Center.”
- Under “MORE CONTROLS,” find “Screen Recording” and tap the green plus icon (+) next to it to add it to your Control Center.
- During a FaceTime call, swipe down from the upper right corner (or up from the bottom, depending on your iOS version) to open the Control Center.
- Open the screen recording icon (a circle with a dot inside) to start recording.
- To stop recording, tap the red recording indicator on the top of the screen or open the Control Center and tap the screen recording icon again.
- There are several third-party apps available on the App Store that can help you record FaceTime calls. Some popular options include “Screen Recorder+” and “AceThinker Screen Grabber.” Be sure to follow the instructions for the specific app you choose to use.
Screen Recording: You can use the built-in screen recording feature on macOS to record FaceTime calls. Here’s how:
- Open the “QuickTime Player” application.
- And then Click on the “File” button in the menu bar and select the “New Movie Recording.”
- A recording window will appear. Click the arrow next to the record button and select your microphone (internal or external) for audio recording.
- Start your FaceTime call.
- Click the record button in the QuickTime Player window to start recording your FaceTime call.
- To stop recording, click the stop button in the menu bar or the stop button in the QuickTime Player window.
Third-party Apps: There are also third-party applications available for macOS that can record FaceTime calls. Some popular options include “ScreenFlow” and “OBS Studio.”
Legality of recording phone or video calls varies by location, so make sure to check your local laws and obtain consent from all parties involved if required. Always respect privacy and obtain consent from all parties involved if required. Always respect privacy and obtain consent when recording conversations. Additionally, Apple may have introduced new features or changes to FaceTime since my last update, so consider checking the latest documentation or Apple’s official website for any updates regarding call recording features.