To redeem a Google Play gift card and add the balance to your Google Play account, you can follow these steps:
How to redeem a Google Play gift card
Open Google Play Store:
- Click on the Google PlayStore app on Android device.
- Make sure you are signed in to the Google account where you want to redeem the gift card.
Access the Menu:
- In the top left corner of the Google Play Store, tap the three horizontal lines (hamburger menu) to access the menu.
- Scroll down in the menu and look for the “Redeem” option. Tap on it.
Enter the Gift Card Code:
- You will be prompted to enter the code from the back of your Google Play gift card.
- Carefully scratch off or peel the protective covering to reveal the code.
- Enter the code in the provided and click “Redeem.”
Confirm Your Choice:
- A confirmation message will appear, indicating that the gift card amount will be added to your Google Play balance.
- Review the information, and if it’s correct, tap “Redeem.”
Check Your Account Balance:
- Once the redemption is successful, the amount specified on the gift card will be added to your Google Play account balance.
- You can check your balance by going to the “Payment methods” section in the Google Play Store menu.
The process may vary slightly depending on your device and the version of the Google Play Store app. Make sure you’re connected to the internet and have a valid Google account to complete the redemption.
Read more : How to get a refund from the Google Play Store
Keep the gift card in a safe place, as you might need the code in the future for reference or troubleshooting. Once the balance is added to your Google Play account, you can use it to purchase apps, games, movies, books, and other content from the Google Play Store.