- Open the Messages App: Launch the Messages app on your iOS device.
- Open the Spam Message: Locate the spam message from the sender you want to report and block.
- Report as Junk: Tap and hold on the spam message to reveal a menu of options. Tap “More” in the menu.
- Mark as Junk: After selecting “More,” you’ll see a circle next to the message. Tap the circle to select the message, and then tap the trash can icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Confirm: A popup will appear asking you to confirm that you want to move the message to the Junk folder. Tap “Move to Junk” to confirm.
- Block the Sender: After reporting the message as junk, you can choose to block the sender as well. Tap the sender’s name at the top of the message, which will open their contact card. Scroll down, and you’ll see the “Block this Caller” option. Tap it to block the sender.
- Confirm Block: A confirmation popup will appear. Click the “Contact” to block the sender.
The spam message will be moved to your Junk folder, and future messages from the blocked sender will be automatically filtered into the Junk folder, preventing them from appearing in your main Messages inbox.
You can also manage your blocked contacts by going to your device’s Settings app:
- Open the Settings App.
- Scroll down and tap on “Messages.”
- Tap on “Blocked Contacts.”
- Here, you can see a list of all the contacts you’ve blocked. You can add or remove blocked contacts as needed.
This process should help you report and block spam in iMessage on your Apple device like iphone and ipad and mac effectively.