Instagram did not have a specific “Quiet Mode” feature built into the app. However, you can achieve a similar effect by adjusting your notification settings and using features like “Do Not Disturb” on your device. Here’s how you can do it:
Adjust Instagram Notifications:
- Open the Instagram app
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner to go to your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines (menu icon) in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Scroll down and select “Settings.”
- Tap on “Notifications.”
- In the Notifications settings, you can customize various types of notifications. You can turn off notifications for Likes, Comments, Direct Messages, and more.
- Adjust these settings to your preference. Turning off notifications for certain activities can help reduce the distraction caused by the app.
Use Device “Do Not Disturb” Mode:
On both smartphone devices, you can enable “Do Not Disturb” mode to silence notifications from all apps, including Instagram.
On an iPhone:
- Open the top right corner to access the Control Center
- Click the “Do Not Disturb” icon (crescent moon icon) to enable it.
- And schedule “Do Not Disturb” wait for refresh.
- View the top of the screen.
- To access the Quick Settings button click
- Tap “Do Not Disturb” to enable it.
- You can customize the settings further in the device’s settings app.
- If you want more advanced control over your social media usage and notifications, you can consider using third-party apps designed to help manage screen time and notifications.
- These apps often provide features like setting usage limits and scheduling “quiet” times for specific apps.
Instagram has introduced a dedicated “Quiet Mode” feature or made changes to its notification settings, I recommend checking the most recent version of the app and its official documentation or support resources for the latest information.