The iPhone 16 series, expected to be released around September 2024, is rumored to bring several new features and improvements over its predecessors. Here’s a summary of what’s been speculated so far:
- Model Variants: Alongside the standard iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus, there might be Pro versions and a possible high-end “Ultra” model. The Ultra model could feature additional camera improvements, a larger display, and maybe even a portless design.
- New Thermal Design: To address overheating issues encountered in previous models, Apple is rumored to be working on a graphene thermal system for the iPhone 16 lineup. The Pro models might include metal battery casings for better heat dissipation.
- Display Technology: The iPhone 16 series is expected to use OLED panels with micro-lens technology. This technology could offer improved brightness and reduced power consumption.
- Chipset: The standard iPhone 16 models are likely to use an A17 or A18 chip, based on a lower-cost N3E process by TSMC. This process has a lower transistor density and higher yield.
- Haptic Buttons: There are rumors that the iPhone 16 might introduce solid-state volume and power buttons, replacing physical buttons with haptic feedback technology.
- Action Button: The Action Button, introduced in the iPhone 15 Pro models, is expected to be expanded to the standard iPhone 16 models. This button could be capacitive, larger, and flush with the phone’s body.
- Extra Capacitive Button: An additional “Capture Button” for photo and video functions is also speculated.
The iPhone 16 series is expected to continue Apple’s trend of innovation and refinement in its smartphone lineup. However, it’s important to note that these are rumors and the actual features could vary upon release.