Jellyfin does not have an official app for Samsung Smart TVs like some other popular streaming services. However, you can still access and setup Jellyfin on your Samsung Smart TV by using screen mirroring or casting methods. Here’s how you can install:
- A Samsung Smart TV.
- A device (such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer) that can run the Jellyfin app or access the Jellyfin web interface.
- A stable Wi-Fi network that both your Samsung Smart TV and the device running Jellyfin can connect to.
Steps to Access Jellyfin on Samsung Smart TV:
Install Jellyfin on a Device:
- You need to have Jellyfin installed and set up on a device. This can be a computer, a NAS (Network-Attached Storage) server, or another media server device. You can download the Jellyfin server software from the official website and follow the installation instructions.
Ensure the Device and TV are on the Same Network:
- Make sure both your Samsung Smart TV and the device running Jellyfin are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Enable Screen Mirroring or Casting on Samsung Smart TV:
- Go on your Samsung Smart TV, go to the settings menu.
- Look for a feature called “Screen Mirroring,” “Smart View,” or “Cast Screen.” The terminology and location of this feature may vary depending on your TV model and software version.
- Enable the screen mirroring or casting feature.
Mirror/Cast from the Device:
- On the device where Jellyfin is installed, open the Jellyfin app or access the Jellyfin web interface through a web browser.
Initiate Screen Mirroring/Casting:
- Use the screen mirroring or casting feature on your device to connect to your Samsung Smart TV. The specific steps to do this will depend on the device you’re using. On some devices, you may need to swipe down from the top of the screen (for smartphones and tablets) or use a cast icon (for computers).
Select Samsung Smart TV:
- When prompted, select your Samsung Smart TV from the list of available devices to cast or mirror to.
Start Playing Content:
- Once connected, you can start playing content from the Jellyfin app or web interface on your device. The content will be mirrored or cast to your Samsung Smart TV.
Please note that screen mirroring or casting may offer a different level of integration and user experience than a dedicated app. It primarily mirrors your device’s screen and audio to the TV. Additionally, the availability of screen mirroring or casting features and their names on your TV model and software version.
The availability of apps and features can change, so check for updates or third-party solutions that may provide better integration between Jellyfin and Samsung Smart TVs.
How to AirPlay Setup Jellyfin on iPhone to Samsung TV
Jellyfin did not have native support for AirPlay on iOS devices. However, you can still stream content from your iPhone to a Samsung TV using AirPlay if your Samsung TV supports Apple AirPlay 2. To do this, follow these steps:
- An iPhone or iPad running the latest iOS version that supports AirPlay.
- A Samsung TV with AirPlay 2 support. Not all Samsung TVs support AirPlay, so check your TV’s specifications or the manufacturer’s website to confirm compatibility.
- Both your iPhone/iPad and Samsung TV should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Steps to AirPlay Jellyfin from iPhone to Samsung TV:
Make Sure Your Samsung TV Supports AirPlay:
- Ensure that your Samsung TV has AirPlay 2 support. You can typically find this information in the TV’s settings or by checking the manufacturer’s specifications.
Connect Your iPhone to the Same Wi-Fi Network as Your TV:
- Make sure your iPhone and Samsung TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Open Jellyfin on Your iPhone:
- Launch the Jellyfin app on your iPhone or iPad.
Choose the Content to Play:
- Navigate to the content you want to stream from Jellyfin on your iOS device. Start playing the video or media you want to cast to your Samsung TV.
Access the Control Center on Your iPhone:
- On iPhones with Face ID, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to access the Control Center.
- In the Control Center, tap on “Screen Mirroring” or “AirPlay Mirroring,” depending on your iOS version.
Select Your Samsung TV:
- Your Samsung TV should appear in the list of available AirPlay devices. Tap on your TV’s name to start mirroring your iPhone screen to the TV.
Play Content on Jellyfin:
- With AirPlay mirroring active, whatever is displayed on your iPhone screen will be mirrored on your Samsung TV. This includes the Jellyfin app and the content you are playing.
Control Playback on Your iPhone:
- You can use your iPhone to control playback, including play, pause, volume adjustment, and seeking within the content. The video or media should be visible on your TV.
- When you’re done, you can stop AirPlay by accessing the Control Center again and selecting “Stop Mirroring” or “Stop AirPlay.”
If you encounter any issues or if your Samsung TV doesn’t support AirPlay, you may consider alternative methods like using screen mirroring with supported apps or devices.
FAQ : Jellyfin
1. What is Jellyfin?
Jellyfin is an open-source media server software that allows you to organize, manage, and stream your media content, including movies, TV shows, music, and photos, to various devices.
2. How does Jellyfin differ from other media server software like Plex and Emby?
Jellyfin is open-source and free to use, while Plex and Emby have both free and paid versions. Jellyfin’s development is community-driven and does not require a subscription or server authentication.
3. What platforms and devices does Jellyfin support?
Jellyfin supports a wide range of platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, and Docker containers. It also has client apps and web interfaces for various devices, including Android, iOS, web browsers, Roku, and more.
4. How do I install Jellyfin?
Installation methods vary depending on your platform. You can download and install Jellyfin from the official website or use pre-built Docker containers. Detailed installation instructions can be found on the Jellyfin website.
5. Can I access Jellyfin remotely from outside my home network?
Yes, Jellyfin supports remote access. You can configure your router to forward the necessary ports or use a VPN to access your server securely from anywhere.
6. Is my media content secure on Jellyfin?
Jellyfin allows you to set up user accounts and control access to your media libraries. You can restrict access to specific users and password-protect your server to enhance security.
7. Does Jellyfin support live TV and DVR functionality?
Yes, Jellyfin has support for live TV and DVR features when used in conjunction with compatible hardware like TV tuners and IPTV providers.
8. Are there mobile apps available for Jellyfin?
Yes, Jellyfin offers official mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices. These apps allow you to stream media content from your Jellyfin server to your mobile device.
9. Can I use Jellyfin with my smart TV or streaming device?
Jellyfin provides client apps for various platforms, including Roku, Android TV, and more. You can use these apps to access Jellyfin on your smart TV or streaming device.
10. Is Jellyfin actively developed and supported? – Yes, Jellyfin has an active development community, and updates are released regularly. Community members and contributors actively provide support and guidance through forums and chat platforms.
11. How can I contribute to Jellyfin’s development? – You can contribute to Jellyfin’s development by joining the community, reporting issues or bugs, submitting code contributions, or helping with documentation. Visit the Jellyfin GitHub repository for more information on how to get involved.