MAC Address (Media Access Control Address) is a complete hardware identification number allocated by the companies to every networking device. MAC address is a blend of numbers and typescript which are organized in six twosomes where each pair is detached by a colon (00:52:14:c4:9a:1e). It will recognize and sort out adjacent network interfaces including wireless networks and Ethernet. Usually, MAC addresses continue fixed and no user can change it. MAC address is a fixed part on all network operating systems such as Android, iOS, Windows, and MAC devices. You can easily recognize the MAC address of your Android device directly from device settings. Here the instructions to check how to find the MAC Address on your Android phone or tablet.
How to Find MAC Address on Android?
- At first, access to the settings app.
- Scroll down and go to WiFi settings.
- Next, click on toggle corresponding to WiFi and enable it.
- Now click to Additional settings option.
- Now drop down the Additional settings option to find the MAC address under WiFi property part.
Alternative method to Find the MAC Address on Android
- Access to the Settings app on your Android device.
- Choose About Phone settings at the top of settings menu.
- Stay close to All Specs option and click to it.
- Under All Specs, choose Status option at the bottom.
- After that scroll down the status alternatives to find your device MAC address.
- The MAC address format is typically six groups of two hexadecimal digits, separated by colons or hyphens (e.g., 00:1A:2B:3C:4D:5E).
- If you’re on a network with multiple interfaces (like Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth), each will have its own MAC address.
- In some systems or devices, the MAC address might be referred to as the “Wi-Fi Address” or “Ethernet Address”.
However, these are the easiest and important steps to find the MAC Address on your Android smartphone or tablet.