Instagram allows you to share your posts with a select group of close friends by using the “Close Friends” feature. This feature allows you to create a list of specific followers whom you want to share your posts with. Here’s how to share Instagram posts only with your close friends:
1. Open Instagram app.
2. Create a Close Friends List:
- Tap on your profile picture or the profile icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen to go to your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines (menu) at the top-right corner of your profile page to open the menu.
- From the menu, select “Close Friends.”
- You’ll be presented with suggested close friends based on your interactions. You can tap “Add” next to their names to include them in your Close Friends list.
- Alternatively, you can search for specific followers by tapping the search icon (magnifying glass) and then adding them to your list.
- Once you’ve added all the close friends you want to share posts with, tap “Done” or “Create List.”
3. Share a Post with Close Friends:
- Create a new post or select an existing post you want to share.
- In the caption or sharing options, you’ll see an option called “Close Friends.” Tap on it.
- This will limit the visibility of the post to only the people in your Close Friends list. Complete the post as usual by adding a caption, hashtags, location, etc.
4. Post to Close Friends:
- Once you’re ready to share the post, tap the “Share” button.
Now, the post will only be visible to the people on your Close Friends list. Your other followers won’t see it in their feeds.
Close Friends is primarily for sharing stories and posts privately with a select group. It doesn’t affect your regular public posts. Additionally, your close friends will receive a notification when you add them to your Close Friends list or share a post with them using this feature.