iOS 17 did not exist. However, iOS updates typically include new features and improvements to various aspects of the operating system. If you’re using a more recent version that supports create stickers in iOS 17, you can follow these general steps:
Design Your Sticker:
- Create the sticker on iOS you want to use using a graphic design tool or app. You can design stickers with transparent backgrounds, as this works well for most sticker applications.
Save the Sticker as an Image:
- Once your sticker is ready, save it as a standalone image file. Common formats for stickers are PNG or JPEG. Ensure that the image has a transparent background if needed.
Open the Messages App:
- On your iOS device, open the Messages app, which is where you’ll create and send stickers.
Open a Conversation:
- Start a conversation with the contact to whom you want to send the sticker or create a new conversation with yourself if you just want to test it.
Access the Sticker Creation Option:
- In the Messages app, tap the App Store icon (it looks like an “A” or four-oval icon) next to the text input field to access the iMessage App Drawer.
Tap on the “+” or “Create New Sticker” Option:
- Depending on your iOS version and configuration, you may see a “+” icon or an option to “Create New Sticker.” Tap on it to initiate the sticker creation process.
Select the Image from Your Camera Roll:
- Choose the image you saved in Step 2 from your Camera Roll or Photos library. You’ll be able to crop and edit the image as needed.
Edit the Sticker (if necessary):
- Crop, resize, and make any additional adjustments to your image to create the sticker. Ensure that it looks the way you want it to appear as a sticker.
Save the Sticker:
- After editing, tap the “Save” or “Create Sticker” button to save the sticker to your collection.
Send the Sticker:
- With the sticker now saved, you can send it to your contact within the Messages app. Access your stickers in the iMessage App Drawer, select the one you want to send, and tap it to insert it into the conversation.
How to make Stickers through Photos app
iOS did not have a built-in feature in the Photos app to create Live Stickers directly. Here’s how you can do it:
Select a Live Photo:
- Open your Photos app and select the Live Photo you want to turn into a Live Sticker.
Convert Live Photo to GIF:
- To convert the Live Photo into a GIF, you’ll need a third-party app that can create GIFs from Live Photos. Some popular options include “Lively,” “GIF Maker – GIF Editor,” and “GIPHY.”
- Download and install one of these apps from the App Store if you don’t already have one.
- Open the GIF creation app and select the Live Photo you want to convert. Follow the app’s instructions to create a GIF.
Edit the GIF (if necessary):
- You may need to trim, crop, or make other adjustments to the GIF within the app to create the Live Sticker you desire.
Save the GIF:
- Once you’re satisfied with your GIF, save it to your camera roll or the app’s gallery.
Use the GIF as a Sticker:
- With your GIF saved, you can now use it as a sticker. Open the Messages app or another app that supports sending images and stickers. Create or open a conversation and tap the “App Store” icon (the “A” icon) to access the iMessage App Drawer.
Access Your GIF:
- In the iMessage App Drawer, tap the icon or option to insert an image or sticker. Select your GIF from the camera roll or the app’s gallery where you saved it.
Send the Live Sticker:
- Once you’ve selected the GIF, tap to send it as a Live Sticker in your conversation.