Instagram allows you to customize your Explore page based on your interests, but it does not provide a direct option to reset or change it completely. The Explore page displays content that Instagram’s algorithm thinks you might be interested in based on your activity and engagement on the platform.
If you want to change the content that appears on your Explore page or improve its relevance to your interests, you can try the following:
- Interact with Relevant Content: Like, comment on, and engage with posts that align with your interests. The more you interact with specific types of content, the more likely Instagram’s algorithm will show you similar content on the Explore page.
- Search for Specific Interests: Use the search function to look for hashtags, profiles, or topics that interest you. Instagram will consider your recent searches when curating content for your Explore page.
- Use the “Not Interested” Option: If you come across a post on the Explore page that you’re not interested in, you can tap the three dots (…) in the top right corner of the post and select “Not Interested.” Instagram will use this feedback to refine your Explore page content.
- Clear Search History: Clearing your search history can help reset the suggestions Instagram uses to populate your Explore page. To do this, go to your profile, tap the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner, go to “Settings,” then “Security,” and finally “Clear Search History.”
- Check Privacy Settings: Ensure that your account privacy settings are not overly restrictive. A private account may limit the content available on your Explore page since it primarily features publicly shared posts.
- Regularly Update Your Interests: Your interests can change over time. Continue to engage with new content and profiles that reflect your evolving interests.
Instagram’s Explore page is dynamic and continuously updates based on your activity and engagement. It may take some time for your Explore page to reflect your preferences accurately.